MAGNETIC WIRE ROPE TESTING (MRT): This is how it’s done!
This is how it’s done!
- There are too many serious crane accidents, usually with huge monetary losses and/or loss of lives (http://bit.ly/2ZKEQdr).
- Magnetic Wire Rope Testing (MRT) is a proven tool that will greatly ameliorate this situation. For example, while very hard to detect visually (http://bit.ly/2LiDx2g), a “complete IWRC failure” is glaringly obvious to MRT (http://bit.ly/2Y2CEw9).
- On the other hand, although MRT is a reliable Wire Rope NDE method (http://bit.ly/2vd5Gg0), there is reluctance to use it in parts of the wire rope community.
As a dedicated wire rope professional you owe it to yourself to be informed about MRT.
- Information on MRT
- For a first impression, please have a look at our recent ‘Inspector Training Video’ (http://bit.ly/2VGt8Bf) with a detailed description of an MRT wire rope inspection that was simulated on our NDT Technologies test loop.
- Here is a video on the corresponding ‘Analysis of Inspection Results’ (http://bit.ly/2PHhGjj).
- Read my paper on ‘Inspector Training’ (http://bit.ly/2XL1KQC).
Please peruse this material.
Then judge for yourself!
For more information please contact Herb Weischedel.